Welcome to the Centre for Corporate Governance
The Deloitte Academy's publication centre
This site provides a one-stop shop for The Deloitte Academy's governance publications for board members, other relevant Deloitte materials and direct links to latest developments.
The Deloitte Academy: Promoting excellence in the boardroom - Designed for listed company board directors, the Deloitte Academy offers members access to a comprehensive programme of technical briefing, education and training to provide support in a time of increasing regulation and responsibilities for business leaders. In addition to the wide-ranging programme of events and customised curriculum that we offer to members, the Deloitte Academy also provides complimentary use of the services at our purpose-built facility.
For further details about the Deloitte Academy including membership enquiries, please send an email to email@example.com.
Governance in brief
Your summary of the latest corporate governance developments.
Governance in focus
A deeper dive, guidance and views on key aspects of the latest developments in governance.
A series of checklists to assist companies to comply with current governance, legislative and regulatory requirements.
The Deloitte 2012 survey of annual reports. Joined up writing gives a unique inside view of the latest trends in corporate reporting.
Hitting the right note
Directors' Alert 2013: Lead or be led: Time to take advantage of the new business reality
Assisting boards of directors in identifying the issues of importance to their organisations to address key challenges and seize opportunities that lie ahead.
Source guidance from the Financial Reporting Council
Links to relevant source materials from the Financial Reporting Council.
The latest developments in corporate governance
The corporate governance arena is the subject of intense scrutiny at present. The links below set out the latest developments:
- FRC to adopt lessons from consultation on going concern guidance
- FRC making auditors' work more transparent to investors
- Government response to the Kay review of UK equity markets
- FRC celebrates 20 years of the UK Corporate Governance Code with a series of essays
- FRC publishes revised UK Corporate Governance Code and Guidance on Audit Committees
- Short-termism is a problem in UK equity markets and no single reform can provide the solution
- DEFRA publishes consultation on Greenhouse Gas reporting draft regulations
- The Government announces reforms of executive pay
- BIS indicates next steps on the future of narrative reporting
- FRC reports high level of implementation of key corporate governance provisions
- FRC sets out insights on current approaches to risk management
- EC issues Green Paper on the EU Corporate Governance Framework
- FRC publishes new guidance on board effectiveness
- Lord Davies' report on 'Women on boards'
- FRRP highlights challenges in the reporting of principal risks and uncertainties
- FRC highlights latest issues for audit committees
- Getting it right - A report on risk governance in non-financial services companies
Women in the boardroom
A global perspective on the efforts around the world to introduce quotas for women on listed company boards of directors.
The FRC has issued updated guidance for directors of UK companies on going concern and liquidity risk.This page provides links to guidance and consultation papers published by the FRC in recent months.